Thread: AAC Awards
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #7
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
What else can Evans possibly bring to the best team in the league to get up there? I'm completely dumbfounded. He leads us in like every category. The gap between him and Clark isn't POY to 2nd team. Can you explain that? Why doesn't Shake Milton get docked for missing games? Why doesn't Adams get docked for putting up empty numbers on a garbage team? His %s in conference play are awful. They clearly showed last year that they value the conference championship. So if we get it, I just don't see how you can put a hurt guy and a loser who hasn't shot well ahead of Evans.
Evans is certainly a 1st team talent/contributor, but I'm guessing the coaches (who vote on these honors) will prioritize the players they picked for preseason 1st team who stayed relatively healthy and had decent seasons. That includes all the players I listed except BJ Taylor (who Clark replaced). Maybe the coaches will come to their senses and choose Evans over someone like Jalen Adams who is less efficient and whose team is not a contender. If Milton returns to play this season he will definitely make 1st team.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote