Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Tuesday, March 1st, 2022
9:00 PM
Fertitta Center
ESPNU

The Bearcats start a stretch of what will be a minimum of 3 straight games in the Lone Star State tonight against Houston (24-4, 13-2 AAC, NET #3, KenPom #6) who would secure an outright AAC regular season title with a win.

After beating the Bearcats by 22 at Fifth Third last month, the Cougars suffered their first two AAC losses of the season (@SMU & Memphis) before rattling off 4 straight victories leading up to today's game.

Other than the recent Memphis loss, the only time that Houston has not won at home by a double-digit margin this season was their opening game of the season where they rallied to beat Hofstra by 8 in OT.

The Bearcats need one win in their final two regular season games OR an ECU loss at Wichita St next Saturday to secure the #7 seed in next week's AAC tournament.

The Bearcats are 15-point underdogs tonight.
They are significantly better on D than USF who is not bad. We have to match their effort on D at the very least to keep it reasonable (and we have been abysmal lately). I don't expect to get off a lot of easy 3 balls so I would probably opt to see more of Mason considering he doesn't need as much space to get off a shot than some others. I would have liked to have seen more of him against USF.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote