Thread: Houston Part II
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 12:59 PM   #10
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Having said all of that. McGinnis would probably be #1 on my list which would allow us to add a big. Second in line would be DDJ as it allows us to go more towards press and trap by adding an experienced wing as we move to B12 the following season and we get a year to work out some kinks.

Unless DDJ wants to move to PG, which he doesn't. But if he did option 3 would then be Mike for me. We are adding a PG in '23 and if we needed depth we could option MAW for a 5th year.
I agree with pretty much all of this, except I'm inclined to put DDJ/Saunders as options 1 and 2. Saunders/DDJ (and Davenport, but he's not going anywhere) are the guys potentially coming back who don't fit the size/length Miller wants to have. Saunders can make up for it with speed and on ball defense, but thus far he hasn't.

McGinnis is a complete unknown, is he on the bench purely for play reasons? Is it injury related? There's been some (unconfirmed) speculation elsewhere that he may be going for a medical redshirt. I'll trust Miller on whatever he does with McGinnis. It seems unlikely that he'd transfer again and sit out a year.

I'd also be concerned about Vik, more so because of the Russia/Ukraine situation. If he goes home will he make it back (even if he wants to)? Will he go home? But I definitely want him to be here next year.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote