View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #4
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
This will be a tough game for sure but lucky for us, they're:

1) dealing with some injury issues. They're starting PG, Shungu, has missed the last 7 games.
Their starting C, Giddens, went out after 5 minutes against Yale with a thigh injury, and another starting guard, Smith, played 30 minutes against Yale but was held scoreless and apparently is suffering from back stiffness.

2) playing on short rest. This will be their 8th game away from home this season so they are certainly battle tested, but after back-to-back D1 losses to Rider and Yale, it's looking like we're catching them at a good time.

and

3) not getting their best play out of Lamb, who has only made 5 of his last 26 3-point attempts.

They are a stellar defensive team though, holding D1 opponents to 37% shooting from the field and 27% from 3.
Yea, when I see lamb is shooting 5-26 in last few games, to me it just means he lights us up at Fifth Third.

We've not been good at shutting down a teams 1st or 2nd best player outside of the OSU game. And i think its because we play Man and I don't think this team has a great defender on it.

I'll be interested to see the kinda strategy Brannen uses to stop lamb. Hopefully a decent crowd shows up because were gonna need it.

Jarron needs to come alive and just take over. If Shabaz napier can lead his team to a championship, then so can Jarron Cumberland.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote