View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 11:40 AM   #21
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I don't hate Furman as much as I did Colgate. Furman has been solid for several years now, and the SoCon is a pretty good league. I think there's a better chance of Furman being top 75 than Colgate was after one good season in a bad league. Even so, I'd like to see us play those type of teams away from home some. Maybe a 2 for 1 situation. I think it would also be good for college basketball in general if some of the better mid-major teams could play home games against bigger schools.
I agree I would look for more of those 2 for 1 deals against mid majors etc. If we can't get those we need to do more of what Ohio State did to us and what Louisville is doing now. Schedule the away game in a year when there is significant loss to the roster or coaching change etc. Then play the home game in the year when the other team would supposedly be better.

OSU scheduled us away the year after we lost Clark, Washington and Evans. They had a reasonable chance to think they would win that away game. UL is scheduling the away game after the loss of Cumberland and Scott (among others). Both away years are/were going to be more of a rebuilding type season as opposed to a stacked roster year with returning studs. In the come back game we would be a bit stronger but playing away from home.

Look for mid majors who are going through a coaching change or significant high end roster loss. Schedule the away game first if it's just a home and away but shoot for the 2 for 1 always.

There is no way OSU or UL schedule us at our house in a year we are expected to be very good.

Last edited by waterhead; 06-18-2020 at 11:43 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote