Thread: 20-21 thread
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 12:03 PM   #15
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
My biggest offensive concerns are outside shooting and O rebounding. Will we get better shots at a higher clip, and if not will we get second chances?

If Brannen's system can offer more screening to get guys into the lane and open shots, we might get by with less outside shooting. I have a feeling he wanted to run more motion screens, but had to switch course.

Last season the defense was still a work in progress much of the time, which meant that we often needed three pointers from Cousin Cumberland to help us move ahead.

If guys don't improve from distance it could mean some creativity is needed to get closer to the basket. Not the worst thing, especially if we get to the line more frequently. Everyone knows a balanced attack is clearly better.

I know the Madsen's were both shooting well from long range in high school. Saunders was okay, but will need to improve. I guess DeJulius could be that player. Harvey seems to be a bit more like Cumberland, he wants the ball in his hand and wants to try to dunk. Really hoping that Harvey, Davenport and Dou have continued to work on three pointers.
Yah...I don't think we will be a particularly good 3 pt shooting team but I think we should be just good enough to keep em honest. I have concerns about rebounding too unless we send everyone to crash the glass.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote