View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #52
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I think Scott will show big leaps on the scoring end.

I can agree, that I don't know if we will necessarily be better on defense this year but we wont miss a beat IMO. We will be just as good.

I just still think a lot can happen with this team. Some of these guys haven't been forced to step up yet so it's hard for us to see the light at the end of the tunnel, well now they are going to have to (Scott and Brooks).

Just like it was time to see leaps in Justin Jackson on the offensive end we did. It's going to be tougher without Gary and KW for sure but we will be ok. It will be a fun year with a lot of good games on the schedule
I could see each of those guys in the 8 point range. But they are replacing 13 and 11 points from Gary and Kyle. I could see Cumberland and Broome combining to make up for the difference left behind by Evans. But those points could be less efficient than last year since defenses won't have to sag help much on our bigs.

Bottom line is we need some decent improvement from Scott and Brooks on the offensive side if we can hope to spread the floor a little. I would almost prefer going small so we don't clog the lane (with two offensively challenged bigs) so guys like Cumberland, Broome, and Williams can get in the lane a little. We are going to see some heavy perimeter D so we will have to drive the ball.

It will be interesting to see if we go small but initial signs are pointing to a traditional lineup with a focus on preventing any easy layups. If Scott and/or Brooks were an outside threat we could clear the lane of one of them from time to time...but they aren't. No defender has to follow them out to the arc. Diarra would help a little in that regard but who knows how much we will see of him. I would hope Fredericks could help as well in this regard but it sounds like he is more of a 2/3 than a 3/4.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote