View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 07:26 AM   #56
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Fredericks for 100% more of a 3/4 than a 2/3... He is an elite rebounder for his size and is tough and physical. He will play the 3 and small ball 4. Mick just talked about his positional versatility being a big deal for next season.
That is what I was thinking when we brought him in. A 3/4 guy who will help us in small ball lineups. Someone said the other day he was more of a 2/3 but for this team I think he makes more sense as a 3/4. The question is how will he do if he has to guard a bigger guy in the paint. He sounds physical so I would assume he can do okay there. Sounds like rebounding is not a problem for him. I think Cumberland can help with keeping a bigger guy from backing him down in the paint when we run small as well. It's hard to push him around. I think we can run Fredericks with Cumberland along with 2 other guards and still not get abused down low. Diarra can also help us when we want to play 4 out. We will have to see how far he has come in the off season. On D he still gives us some elite shot blocking ability.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote