View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Class Of 2012 Hamilton (IN) Southeastern Star Gary Harris Enjoys His Unoffical Visit To The University Of Illinois : http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/garyharris.html

Cavan Walsh
February 15, 2010

Email Questions/Comments To brian@chicagohoops.com

Class of 2012 Hamilton Southeastern star Gary Harris enjoyed an unofficial visit to the campus of the University of Illinois over the weekend. Harris, who recently picked up a scholarship offer from Illinois, rates as one of the top Class of 2012 prospects in the state of Indiana.

Harris, a 6'4" shooting guard, is a player who has the ability to take over games on both ends of the floor. Harris is enjoying a strong junior year on the hardwood, and has led Hamilton Southeastern to a 15-3 mark on the season.

Harris has a long line of schools that are already actively showing interest. “I have been hearing from Michigan, Michigan State, Washington, Indiana, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Minnesota, Butler, and then I have offers from Illinois, Xavier, and IUPUI. I have visited all of those schools except for Washington and Minnesota. I’m going to visit Vanderbilt this upcoming weekend,” said Harris.

Harris greatly enjoyed his visit to Illinois. “I liked it a lot; it was the second game I’ve been to. I loved the atmosphere of the game. I like coaches and facilities a lot. Illinois is a great school, and it’s an easy drive,” said Harris.

Harris is looking forward to closing out the season strong. “I expect us to win conference and then we have one of the toughest sectionals in the state, but I can see us coming out of it like we did last year,” said Harris.

Harris, and his Hamilton Southeastern teammates will next be in action on Tuesday when they play Marquis Teague, and Indianapolis Pike.

No mention of Cincinnati in the mix. We had interest in the kid this past summer, but seems things might have fizzled out.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote