View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #1065
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Whether there is a conspiracy or not there are a lot of ways to get screwed by the committee. You can get under seeded to start. If you are under seeded you are going to be playing a tougher first round and second round game than if you were seeded correctly. Those teams you do play can also be under seeded making matters worse. You can also get shipped out of your region so fans can't travel.

You can even have all three of these happen like last year. We got a 6 seed and played the 3rd ranked team in the country as a 3 seed in the second round. Shipped out west. The Year prior we played the #1 overall seeded team in the second round.

I really don't think we had much of a prayer of advancing in some of these years (if any) past the sweet 16. I don't expect the committee to make it easier on us. I'm not sure they go out of their way to make it harder. However, it does seem our road has been tougher than it should have been more years than not. In the past 6 years I think we got a decent seed and draw one time.

I agree it's time we play better than our seed but that is not the point IMO.
Thank you.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote