View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 04:12 PM   #5
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Welcome to UC coach Brannen.

There were likely a wider group of impressive candidates that didn't get interviews, but Brannen has done an impressive job with developing players and running a strong program. He's a great hire under the circumstances.

It's really uncommon for a young D1 program to achieve the results they've had at NKU. Going to the NCAA in their first eligible season and losing to Kentucky by a mere nine points...that's your coach putting you in a position to compete against the odds. Yeah, they lost, but they had their chances against a loaded team with several NBA prospects.

Regarding the UC team...I don't think we have to worry about Curtis. He's signed a LOI and this new coach is no one that he should fear wouldn't set him up for great development and success.

I'd be concerned about Cumberland, but that was the case with Cronin as well, and we'll just have to see what he wants to do next. If he's gone it's going to be a major adjustment, but I still feel optimistic about several of the guys making a big jump this season.

One thing Cronin has done well with this roster is set guys up to see their path of where they can grow into more contribution. I'd be surprised if many decide to bail after this hire.

Trevon Scott has to be looking at how Brannen took a 6'8" Drew McDonald and turned him into an inside/outside star and hoping that he might learn something good.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote