View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Haven't seen this posted anywhere on here, so I will spread the word, UC is having their intra-squad scrimmage Saturday, October 28th at 3:30 pm at NKU. Be our first chance to see them this year.
I can't wait to start hearing about our new guys in practice. I am very excited to hear what Brooks and Diarra are doing as well as Williams and Moore. Sounds like Brooks is most improved but we have heard very good things about the others as well. Even Nsoseme.

Diarra has a 7'2" wingspan from what I understand!! He probably has 5 inches of reach on Scott. It sounds like he is very mobile and has a good motor and he can make a 3. I am wondering how Scott is going to be able to compete with him with the disadvantage on reach and outside shooting? Neither has a back to the basket game really. It's all going to come down to how well Diarra can pick up the scheme IMO. If and when he "gets it" I am not sure where Scott is going to find his minutes. Scott's advantage is this is his 3rd year in the system and he should know exactly what is being asked of him by now. It seems to me it's only a matter of time with Diarra and that is no disrespect to Scott.

Williams and Moore are two different players and we can probably find a situation where we can get them minutes because of their differences. I am not sure the same is true with Diarra and Scott. They seem very similar in their athletic makeup and offensive/defensive abilities.

Last edited by waterhead; 10-09-2017 at 12:45 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote