View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #176
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Radio show notes. Said Vogt played very well on offense, but did poorly at guarding on the perimeter. Said Diarra is really starting to play within himself and he anticipates Diarra continue to get 10+ minutes (he said more as a 4, but we can probably guess Diarra is going to continue taking some of Sorolla's minutes as well). Said Jarron played very well in the second half.

As a more philosophy based thing he said he is much more prone to pull freshmen out of the game when they make a defensive mistake as opposed to a veteran. Said Davenport (and I'd assume Harvey as well though he didn't say it) has trouble right now with consistently being in the right spot on defense.

Also said he has been coaching chemistry and just getting the team to work together cohesively a lot. He's trying to get back to coaching basketball.
I had a thought on Cumberland. He has been a very willing passer and is the best on the team. I wonder when the system starts working for him? We don't have enough play makers who can get the ball back to him. He IS the play maker!! Vogt scores so well that you don't expect him to pass back out if it gets in his hands on the block. CJB's system works when all players can make plays or at least 4 of 5. MAW is not breaking down defenses. Keith either goes to the rack and makes a bucket, gets fouled, gets blocked or turns it over. Scott had a nice assist game against Tulane but he's not a play maker and therefore can't get Jarron easy looks or buckets.

At what point does Jarron say..."why am I the only one looking to (or can) facilitate?" I want some points too. Who's passing back to me? Who is breaking down a defense so I can camp on the 3 line? Nobody
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote