Thread: 2021-22 Roster
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #5
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I think there is a 75+% one of vogt/diarra return. Definitely not both. Vogt has the same pro prospects as he did last year and he came back last year. If vogt doesn't come back and we don't get an instant impact transfer- which I would bet we don't - diarra would be starter by default and that would probably bring him back.

JD was Harvey's close friend/workout buddy this summer, that's where the rumor comes from. Not that it necessarily means anything.

I give 50+% chance at least one of Eason, Gabe or a surprise transfer leaves.
I guess the reason why I wouldn't come back if I were Vogt is because due to his body type/size he's a great injury risk and that he likely isn't looking at a long pro career for that reason alone.

Unless the prospects of earning a living overseas (as an average college basketball player) have completely dwindled due to the pandemic or he has an aversion to leaving the county, it would make sense to try and take advantage of a professional pay day abroad at the earliest opportunity.

He obviously isn't NBA/G-League quality at the moment, so if that's his goal, I guess another year at UC would put him closer to that, but just based on how this year went for him on the court, it's hard for me to see him returning to a team that did not do anything positive for his development this past season.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote