View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 10:41 AM   #52
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
I'll adjust my expectations as far as wins and losses go from year to year. What I'll be following the closest these first couple of years is recruiting.

Can this dude recruit top 200 kids? Can he build out his staff with coaches that can get in the door nd attract major talent?

My biggest questions surrounding this guy is why his entire coaching career has been at such a low level. If Roy Williams loves him so much why didn't he put him on his staff between his stops as an assistant at Elon, High Point and UNCG?

Why has has been stuck at UNCG for 10 years? I don't buy because he wanted the UNC job. They could have hired him away from anywhere. And he probably wouldn't have had a better shot at it had he left UNCG and proven himself elsewhere.

I will say this, like it not, if he doesn't have this team at 20 wins by year 3 at the latest then this basketball program will suffer. I hope they chose someone they expect can get this up and running quickly. Because that 5 1/2 year rebuild he did at UNCG aint going to cut it here.
Why was he stuck there for ten years? Bro he’s only 38 lol. You act like he’s in his 50s
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote