Thread: South Florida
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #55
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
OKAY, LET'S TALK

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
That's pretty ignorant to compare this situation to Urban Meyer. Coach Meyer has won multiple national championships and just lost his first game in the BIG TEN. Tuberville however has been extremely underwhelming and routinely out coached in his tenure here. It's not like the guys calling for his head are basing this on one game. We are taking into account the number of times where this team look uninterested and down right embarrassing on defense. The shame is Gunner Kiel is catching more criticism than Tuberville. When your forced to throw the ball as much as Kiel is while either trailing or lack of an established run game because of play calling, your going to throw picks. Yes Gunner stares down receivers and hasn't progressed past his 1st option well but to throw the QB under the bus quicker than the coach is ridiculous given what I've seen. I can confirm as a colerain fan and former player whose been to every game that Tuberville hasn't been to MAYBE more than 2 games. Steve Specht all but said Tommy doesn't attempt to recruit his players and I'm sure it's the same case among cincinnati powerhouse programs. I spoke to Eugene Clifford who was the #1 safety in the class of 2007 and went to Ohio State and whom I played with. His cousin is Deshaunte Jones (QB at colerain) who is being recruited by Big Ten and ACC schools. Eugene told me UC has barely reached out to him and that it's well known Tuberville extends offers to everyone but rarely follows up. The fact he's crystal balled to UC right now is pretty much a bad joke unless they pick up their recruitment of him. Point being you have high caliber players here in Cincinnati yet coach Tuberville would rather grab the SECs sloppy seconds.
Okay, let's talk! You make some decent points without being a know it all. First, my point about Urban Meyer was sarcasm. I just wanted to make the point that when a TEAM loses it doesn't mean the coach should be fired. Ohio State had the best talent and the most depth. MSU had their starting QB out of the game, and yet the Spartans won. Just my opinion that OSU was outcoached, were not inspired, and things happen. Through these opinions, I have heard that UC has the better talent (they were picked to win the AAC) and that they have been outcoached. But on the other hand, it is said he has sloppy second hand recruits out of the SEC. Which is it? In the recruiting circles, we all know there has to be love shown both ways. I always hate to go by someone told so and so, who said they heard this from Johnny Jones. I bet Eugene Clifford hated to see his named attached. Are things so bad that you want to lose 1 1/2 years of recruiting? I don't! I have asked repeatedly for the guys who have all the answers, to throw out some names with better credentials then Tubbs and who they would choose. I am still waiting for their answers. Anyways, thanks for your intelligent response.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote