View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 06:20 PM   #6
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I went with 10-8. I think we go 1-5 against Houston, Memphis, and UCF. That would mean 9-3 against the rest of the conference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I went with 11-7 and thought about 12-6. I have a little more optimism lately based on what can happen when we need Ody at the 4 and can take JD out in certain situations. Also the new found intensity from DDJ on D which I think will end up trickling down the roster. We have been sharing the ball a bit more lately and making extra passes that we typically did not. I think Wes would have put a lot of emphasis over the break to crash the glass from the wing to get better at rebounding.

Also the new Wes on court and in pressers is more of what I would like to see. Claiming he is "not asking anymore" and seeing him getting livid on the court are good developments. He now has good reasons to take players out rather than letting them play through too many mistakes. Lighting them up in timeouts is a good thing.

I am expecting the recent trend of play to continue and if it gets better we will be in good shape. This team can score...if we can play good D...we can maybe even get to 13-5. Still not good enough to make the tourney but we should find out a lot tonight about what we retained and what new adjustments were made over the break.
Some pretty spot-on predictions.

Just about every team (except Houston) had to deal with injury setbacks at some point during the season, but we very likely would've finished 13-5 had Vik and/or Rob not gotten hurt at Tulane.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote