View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 07:17 PM   #7
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
UCF underperformed in conference and we swept that series. We did go 9-3 against the rest of the conference as I predicted, but as you said we probably wouldn't have lost to ECU with Vik in the lineup. And if Newman and Phinisee were healthy maybe we sweep Tulane and pull out a win against Memphis or Houston (especially in Houston where we held a late lead).

Overall I'd say we did better than I expected. We improved as the year went on. Our Kenpom ranking only improved six spots, but on Torvik we went from 81 at the start of conference play to 41 now.

We became a better offensive team over the last month and a half. Since the close win at SMU in mid January, we put up at least .97 points per possession in every game. Last year we scored under .92 in 6 of our last 12 games. A lot of that is due to getting better looks at the rim with Ody being more assertive. In mid January we had a 5 game stretch where we shot 38% inside the arc. We ended the season with a 5 game stretch at 59%. Hopefully we can continue to get rim looks as our roster picks up more slashers.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote