Thread: 2023-24 roster
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 04:00 PM   #5
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
I'd say there are three B12 caliber players on this roster: Nolley, Lakhin, and Skillings (maybe Newman too if he comes back). Hopefully with James and Griffith coming in we'll have a full lineup, but it will still be a very young group and I don't expect all of them to start next year.

I like DDJ, but it's really hard to have a good offense when one of your highest usage players isn't efficient. And he really struggles against good competition. On the season his effective field goal percentage is a below average 49%, but against top 100 competition this season it was only 41%. He plays hard and is crafty, but he's always at a size and athleticism disadvantage.

The biggest question mark is probably power forward. Going into his 5th season, Ody still has no offensive skills outside of 10 feet and is not a rim protector. Davenport is overmatched inside. Our best option might be to play Nolley at the 4 and just accept that our wings will have to compensate for his rebounding and defense. That would free up the wings for Skillings/Griffith/Davenport/Newman. If Nolley plays the 3 there will be a big logjam at the 1-3 positions if everyone stays.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote