Thread: 2023-24 roster
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 05:12 PM   #9
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I agree on Davenport, but he loves the Bearcats and if he stays in a mostly cheerleader role, I'm fine with it.

I think there's an argument to be made that Nolley should move on as well. Nolley played great at times, but Davenport and Nolley are not the guys I want building a culture. Nolley took more plays off this year than anyone else on the team, plays with a lackadaisical attitude at times and leads the team in careless mistakes.

Wes started from almost nothing and has to balance the good enough for now, with improving for the future. I don't want to clear out the team, gamble it all on transfers and end up screwed for the long-term future. A guy he wants back next year to start (MAW, Ody), might be a guy who would barely get on the floor on our team in 3 years if everything goes to plan.

Nolley checks the great player box, MAW and Ody check the lead by example culture building box, Davenport checks the cheerleading culture building box. If Hensley couldn't break through this year, it's hard to believe he ever will. Probably gone, though if Wes keeps him around one more year, I'm willing to trust Wes.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote