View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 07:14 AM   #8
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
I figured Williams would have quite the jump. He's right around where I expected him to be...maybe a tad better. Brooks has been a nice surprise. I voted JJ. We always knew he could pass and facilitate, but he's averaging double figure scoring in conference play and shooting really well from 3. I don't know if any of you thought he'd be playing at the clip he is, but I did not. I figured him to be solid, but as of now he is playing stellar and a big reason we are 5-1 16-3. Hopefully he will continue this level. It is huge.
I think we all saw some glimpses of Williams his freshman year. He could get to the rim and finish, he made a few step back J's, etc. He was not used heavily so I didn't know what to expect in extended minutes or even if he would be behind Moore or Fredericks. I was also hoping he could come close to doubling his 3 point 15% rate. I was thinking he would end in the high 20's and I guess that could still happen but so far he's exceeding even that. But his block rate is also way up. I did not expect the consistency he is putting up either...thought he would be more streaky with points.

I expected Jenifer to be a little bit better than last year. He has also exceeded expectations but not by as much IMO. He's just doing the things he was doing better...but he's done that pretty much each year.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote