View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #40
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Revisiting Jarron. He started the season in OOC averaging 16 ppg. He's now at 19.3 ppg. His conference avg is 22.6.

Over his last 8 games he is averaging 24.5.

He has been trending up for quite some time and with the added focus on him from every team to figure out some way...ANY WAY...to stop him may be more impressive than just his totals alone. He's been nothing short of unbelievable all else considered.

It seems as though Brooks, Williams, and Jenifer although their improvement has been impressive have reached somewhat of a peak while Cumberland continues to seemingly show even a higher gear. He's knocking down 3's with a defender in his pocket and another defender nearby waiting on the pump fake. He's distributing and rebounding at a high clip.

If they only considered conference play he would be making a strong claim for first team All American status. 22.6 ppg, 5.5 rebounds, and 4.1 assists. Compare that to SK All American senior year of 20.6 ppg, 4.3 rebounds, 2.5 assists. Even with OOC in the stats Cumberland is at 19.3 ppg, 4.2 rebounds, and 3.5 assists. Those are comparable given the extra assist makes up for the point differential. And it seems he is likely to keep those numbers on the up trend.

I am not sure he is getting the credit he really deserves. We almost just take it for granted now what he is doing is somehow expected. It shouldn't be expected. Not with the amount of attention he gets from the opposing team. We should expect at least some level of egg laying here or there. It's just been an incredible run of basketball!!
Couldn't agree with this more. We all hoped Cumberland would be the Alpha but to hope and assume is one thing, to see actual results is another. He is truly going above and beyond this season.

I agree that some of these guys have leveled off. You see some flashes from the three role players you mention and others on the team but nothing compared to Cumberland. Williams quietly had a nice game on Sunday. Quietly besides his dunk LOL. Would love to see him knock down a few threes during this last stretch of games.

The one that is really stepping up and is playing more like we all thought he would be/hitting more shots is Cane. We need him to keep performing. His 3 point % is slowly climbing. I think it's too late to really fix his 3 pt percentage but hopefully he will get to 30% or so. I just hope he continues to score and give us the spark we need off the bench.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote