View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 10:58 AM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
We didn't really press against Thomas More, I have a feeling that the running is going to be more about getting up and down the court quick and creating turnovers and not so much about full court press.

I see us having 5 high-quality players (2 Cumberlands, McNeal, Scott, Williams) and then a bunch of other unknown or questionable pieces. The season as a whole will be about developing those pieces (Diarra, Moore and Harvey stand out at the most likely). But I just don't think we are far enough along to compete with OSU.

The Thomas More game, we looked like a team that wasn't very comfortable running half court offense. Combine that with Sorolla and Vogt looking like below average centers and I am predicting that we lose by 15-20. To win I think we need to get hot from 3 and for small ball with Scott at the 5 to manage to stop Wesson and the OSU offense.
I doubt Brannen gave away much of his game plan against TMC. he deflected the question in the presser and both players laughed when asked about how much of his offense we saw. I would imagine we didn't see a very full picture of the D that we will try to throw at OSU as well. Will the press be a chaotic full court trap? maybe not. But I don't think we can take a lot from the exhibition game and nobody is reporting on the UD scrimmage.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote