View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 03:56 PM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
College football rules everything in perception of conference as a whole, our league literally just got better with the subtraction of UConn.

UCF, UC, HOUSTON, TEMPLE, MEMPHIS, NAVY and USF have all been in the top 25 for football within the last 3 years

Basketball: UC, HOUSTON, whichita state,UCF and smu have all been ranked in the last 3 years

UCONN was not ranked in ether sport in the last 3 years.... cya later🤗
I think most of the football teams we would want to add are out west. BYU, Boise, etc. With the exception of Army. Army would really only be a good add for the Navy game which is one of the most watched games of the year. And I don't know how you schedule a game like that which is typically played after the conference championship games and therefore the only game in town (which is why it gets such high ratings). You put that game in the middle of the season and they don't do college game day there and the viewership goes way down.

I think Boise seems unlikely. Adding Army really only makes sense for the Navy game. So BYU (football only) is really the only one that moves the needle enough to make sense to add anyone. AAC is in a good position right now with a new TV deal and none of the other power conferences (football) adding teams right now. We can be picky. Teams should be knocking down our door.

In terms of basketball I would say the same thing. We don't need to be adding teams just to add them. They have to add value or we just stay with what we have. Who moves the needle? Gonzaga? lol. Maybe a team like VCU can move it a little?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote