View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #30
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i think we could see a shift downward in his assist rate but its not going to be a reflection on his play. 90% of jaron's 3's are assisted, i would imagine the vast majority of them come from jenifer. i think its unlikely jaron keeps shooting 48% or w/e he's at (but i sure hope he does).

i also think jenifer's a great passer and i think he is held back from making all the plays he could because of the fear of a turnover. i think when he got here he had the ability to be creative, but for 4 years its been drilled into him that creativity at the risk of turnovers is not what we want.

im sure we could all argue the risk/reward on the turnover front, but thats not on the player.
I agree. I'll say, too, regarding Logan, I feel his game will be steered the same way Jenifer's has. If you can remember when Jenifer was a freshman he rarely even dribbled the ball up the court. He got the ball and passed it up the court to try and create instant offense. And I think that is part of what confuses fans when they hear Mick say we need to be quicker on offense. Quicker for Cronin doesnt mean run and gun or looking for instant offense. It just means running the ball up the court and getting into sets quicker. Obviously fast break situations are different. But Cronin firmly believes in doing things his way and ultimately there's nothing really wrong with that. But it's on him to recruit to that system. His recruitment has gotten better but I still think he tends to bring in guys that don't fit to his style. Shaq Thomas is first and foremost on this list to me. Cane probably as well, but honestly I think Cane was intentionally brought in to be a change of pace type of player and not brought here to be a focal point. I even questioned in the past why he recruited a player with Jenifer's skill set and size disadvantage to play pg in his system. With that said, I'm impressed by the way Jenifer has transformed his game to this system. When Jenifer came in, he tried to play quick and shot threes early in the shot clock for no reason. He's small but he's very strong and he has owned Cronin's defense. So he has worked out well despite how most fans see things wanting highlight offense and steals. Logan is a similar player in some aspects but different as well. I think Logan will be just as good leading the defense down the road and his length will make him better one-on-one defensively. Offensively he's a savvy passer but I think he's a better scorer and again his length will help on offense as well. The question for Logan is how well and how quickly he adapts to Cronin's system, offense and defense, and how well will he protect the ball. At this point I have zero concerns with him on making these adjustments but time will tell.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote