Thread: NKU
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #46
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
was looking over the box score and we gave up 16 offensive boards to nku. thats completely unacceptable. thats an OR% of 40. nku averages 25%.

3 straight games giving up 36% or higher.

if we put up that kind of effort on the glass vs xavier its gonna be a long afternoon.

Brooks has 16 rebounds in his last 98 minutes played (5 games). Nsoseme has 16 in his last 40 minutes played.
Yah...Brooks needs to pick up the slack. I am fairly satisfied with how the rest of the team is rebounding for the most part.

What I was concerned about last night and against UNLV was some of our turnovers. We only had 11 last night (17 against UNLV) but there was about a 5 minute stretch there where we had about 4-5 turnovers. Cumberland had a WTF pass, Williams tried to throw over someone and got picked, Brooks threw one ob trying to get it to Cane. Maybe there were a couple more in there. To make matters worse during that stretch Scott pulled up for a mid range jumper on a semi fast break with no rebounders (Cronin was not happy), and Jarron pulled up for a full speed run and stop 3 ball (looked like he traveled) when he had a lane to the bucket on another semi fast break.

5 really bad and dumb plays that we got nothing out of and they probably scored 6-8 points off of. That's when they cut it to 10. I understand missing shots and making a bad pass here or there but we can't go through a 5 minute stretch of stupid like that against a higher caliber team.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote