View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 02:07 PM   #29
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
How is this the best team since Kenyon, on paper, if most of the team is unknowns?

The team 2 years ago was 10 times better than this team, on paper and on the court. I’m excited to see what they can do, but might want to pump the brakes.
Agreed, on paper this could be a top 15 team, but there are a lot of unknowns we have to count on. Kentucky has seen teams filled will 5 stars fail to make the NCAA tournament because they couldn't develop chemistry.

Jarron and Scott are the obvious foundation of the team that we can rely on. But beyond that, a lot of the optimistic views are because people want to see Brannen do well.

Jaevin needs to be able to hit threes at a high rate, Williams needs to take his play to the next level. Somebody needs to be able rebound and play defense down low. McNeal needs to play better than he has up to this point in his career or our PG position starts to look very shakey.

I could see us as a top 15 team if all the pieces fit together right and quickly. I could see us not making the NCAA tournament if the pieces don't fit together. The amount of unknowns will make the early season exciting as we watch the team develop. Like last year, I expect us to look ugly at times early in the year, but hopefully show major improvement by conference play.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote