View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 08:33 AM   #13
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Next year they loose Sorolla, McNeal, both Cumberlands and Tre Scott. Then possibly a transfer or two (maybe). So with the open scholarship now that would be 6. Mike Saunders will take one so that brings it down to 5, so as everyone know this 2020 class will have to be special. I am a fan of leaving an open scholly open for "Zach Harvey" situations.

I would love to get either Kalkbrenner or Loveday, Patrick Iriel of John Hugley and then Trey Galloway and Anthoney Leal to round out the class... Do I think this will happen... probably not but a guy can hope. Either way I think we get a few of the guys I named. Also maybe a grad transfer depending on team needs at the time.

Also on this Zach Harvey thing I still see these so called experts picking him to come here, either way I am over it at this point... I hope he comes but if he doesn't oh well I am ready to ride with the team they have right now. I know it doesn't matter what I think but damn I just want to know what's going on regardless if he goes to UC or not haha.
At this point in time I don't see Harvey as a high impact guy for this year and I don't think we lose much with Hardnett or the coach would not have entertained Harvey. I think 90% of our minutes are probably still in place for the current roster. Hardnett would have probably gotten about 5% and that just means his 5% will go to guys who were already seen as better options. That is addition by subtraction IMO (except maybe emergency minutes if the bigs are in foul trouble or injured).

Harvey is both late to the game and also injured so maybe we can just move his potential minutes around to guys like Moore, MAW, Davenport, Gillam, McNeal etc. Or maybe we just play Williams and the Cumberlands more minutes (another addition by subtraction thing for this year only).

I think we have what we need and Harvey would just give us more options. I want Harvey for 2020 and beyond but this year it's not as big of a deal if we lose him.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote