View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 02:34 PM   #2
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
This is going to be a great game and I hope Fifth Third Arena is loud and Obnoxious from tip to finish.

Houston:

On Offense:

-Elite Offensive rebounders
-Top 20 offensive but mostly by way of the offensive rebound.
-In conference they are elite at drawing fouls
-Protect the ball fairly well in conference

On Defense:
-Number 3 Defense in conference play
-Fouls a crap ton like always
-Doesn't generate turnovers
-Best shot blocking team in conference play
-Protects the rim and the 3 point line.
-Elite Length and athleticism

Funny thing is Houston is #3 in the Nation in offensive rebounding BUT in conference UC is the best offensive rebounding team and a better defensive rebounding team.

Heres the thing:
-Houston Offense has shown the ability to eat through man to man defense but really really struggles against teams who zone them. Like Tulsa

-Houston/Kelvin Sampson's defensive philosophy is to double every paint touch. Vogt will need to make the right decision and our shooters have to be ready to shoot on the catch as the close outs will be coming from Long armed defenders like Grimes and Jarreau

Of Note: Nate Hinton and Caleb Mills were 2 guys Mick almost landed but Houston picked up instead. Mills is a stone cold killer. If this game comes down the the last 4 minutes, expect ISO plays ran for Mills and expect them to just go in, I've watched it all season.

I expect UC to win because its at home and because how well we've played at home
This years Houston team doesn’t have the weapons they did last year. If we don’t let them out work or out hustle us, we win. Keep the turnovers down. It’s pretty simple.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote