View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #66
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
"Larry Davis was on top of it and did a great job and there was a trust level there," said Coach Cronin. "I think that what probably separated us from other people was that we told David and his coach that we wanted him. I think a lot of people were inquiring about David and from the first time that we spoke to him, we told him that we wanted him, we needed him, and we were willing to take him that day.

"He changes the game on the defensive end," said Bolen. "He's a great shot blocker, runs the floor well, and is a lot stronger than he looks. He has skinny legs, but he has a lot of fight in him. I had calls from schools in the ACC, Big East, Big 10 - I had calls from about everywhere for him. His offensive game has improved tremendously over the past two years and I think he's a great addition for Cincinnati."

"I think David is definitely going to be able to help us," said Cronin. "He has played college basketball for two years and he's played at the highest level of NAIA which is better than junior college basketball. He's got a chance to help us right away - how much I don't know yet because I haven't had a chance to get him out there. I can tell you that we're excited to have him."

"(His English) is a lot better than it was two years ago," said Bolen. "He barely missed on the SAT score and he's a great student and very conscientious. He's a great kid, he's a Christian, and they can't get a better kid."

"He's ready," said Coach Bolen. "We only had one Division I game last year and that was against Morehead State and we beat 'em by 15 and he dominated the game. He'll surprise a lot of people because he's ready to play at that level."

http://www.gobearcats.com/blog/dan-hoard/
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote