Thread: Around the AAC
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 01:06 PM   #41
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
It's going to be a tougher year to win for us because of the schedule strength and playing off campus. We may not really have a comfortable home to play in so we should be both battle tested and neutral/road game tested when it counts. I say neutral just because it's not our preferred arena we will be playing in. I hope to see a lot more attacking play this year. Less threes and more driving the lane and producing fouls. We settled for 3's too much last year. Our road scoring was not good. We need to look for, and be aggressive for, higher % shots. We also need to run and press more to create easier buckets. We have a great starting 5 and a deep bench so we should take full advantage of that.
We were 7th in conference last year in 2 pt FGA and FTA. We were 2nd in 3 pt FGA. When you have Gary Clark and Kyle Washington down low and 2 starting guards below 33% in 3 pt shooting...you aren't doing something right. I am pretty sure adding Cumberland and Broome will help us with this. Both from a driving standpoint, and at least from Cumberland, an entry pass standpoint.

We had a great season last year and just maybe it could have been better had we not settled for as many 3's.

Last edited by waterhead; 08-16-2017 at 01:08 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote