Thread: Tennessee
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #146
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I mean its just different with a freshman 3 games in vs Srs that have been around.

He can't tell Keith you gotta do xyz to play. I think Rap losing his starting spot was supposed to transition in him just being a backup, but he has to play if Vogt is in foul trouble all game.

We are back to Vogt has to play 30+ or Rap has to play 20+. Not a great spot.

You really expect your SRs to know better on the things you'd coach Tari about. If they don't have it yet, they aren't going to get it.
I agree it will be very tricky with Keith but Rap can be brought back down to Earth. He should be limited to late clock 3's or open 3's near the arc. He should not be trying to create off the bounce outside the perimeter at all.

Keith can be reigned in on his reach in's simply by taking him out if he gets one too early. Don't wait for 2 early fouls. If he wants to stay on the court to get his points he can't do that from the bench. In terms of getting him to pass the ball that will be more difficult but making him more mindful of it would help. Even the scouts will want to see him be a good passer.

As for Vogt fouling...he can affect a shot even if he doesn't get his body on a guy. He needs to know his angles better. Even if he goes straight up but makes contact he will be risking a foul call.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote