View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 08:52 AM   #582
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I really think we have a solid core to work with at the 4 and 5 spots next year. I would still like to see one more addition of a guy who can score (if there are any out there) but we have a good start. If we don't get an offensive guy I would think we might see more small ball than we have recently.

I also hope our current bunch can make strides with their skills.

I expect Brooks to man the post and Nsoseme is looking like he could be a beast with his work ethic and motor. I don't mind that he can't score a lot but if he can provide everything else we should be good to go.

It will be interesting to see who steps up at the 4 between Scott and Diarra. I don't think Diarra will be ready this year but by next year I hope we can see him develop into a starter. I think Diarra is going to have a better outside shot than Scott will unless Scott can add some loft.
Obviously skill level will play a big part in who plays but outside of that Cronin is always interested in who can pick up the scheme, has a great attitude, and work ethic. You can get minutes if you just show you are dedicated.

Nsoseme just strikes me as a very hard worker and motivated. Obviously he lacks some skill but can probably be brought along fairly quickly if he's willing to put in the work. Some of Diarras tweets lead me to believe he has a similar outlook on work ethic. I think he said something to the effect "how hard do you work when nobody else is watching?"

I assume both are pretty smart guys but I don't know for sure. I could see both being big contributors by the time they are juniors...but not sure about this year or next.

We could use a guy with a skill set already developed IMO.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote