View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 01:44 PM   #586
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't have that many doubts about him but we will have some big shoes to fill next year when Washington and Clark leave. My doubts are only in terms of how good the replacements will be compared to what we are losing really.

I think he will be our best 4 next year. But I think we are going to need offensive production out of the 4 or the 5 to remain an elite team unless we option for small ball.

It will be hard to put Brooks and Diarra out there as starters all year if neither is a decent threat offensively. We have seen those lineups before. Our perimeter will see all the defensive focus.
It's hard for me to see Brooks not being able to go for a minimum of 7-8 ppg in 18-19. The 4 spot is a much bigger question mark at the moment.

The AAC will see a big drop off in the quality of it's big men next season between UC and Wichita State graduating all that they do. If Tacko Fall enters the draft, that would be very significant too.

We could still very much be the team-to-beat in this league with big men who offensively average at best.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote