Thread: USF
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #3
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
That & every game left on the schedule. If the Cats don't dramatically improve the quality of their play, esp. defending the 3 pt. shot & hitting their own, I can see 7 or 8 losses the rest of the way....some of them by double digits. Based on recent play, I would predict losses in both UCF & Houston games, loss to USF, Temple, at SMU, UConn...need I go on?

That said, I don't believe the Cats will continue to play as poorly & I expect the coaching staff to be able to adjust to limit the wide open 3's that other teams manage to hit with regularity (why can't we do that?). If that adjustment is too difficult for the coaching staff to handle, I don't know what to say. Sometimes players aren't executing the plan correctly & that leads to open looks (too much help, not quick enough getting back to the shooter), but if your team is incapable of carrying out your plan, then the answer, Mick, et al. is to change the plan! Work with the team you have, not the team you wish you had...that's the essence of good coaching.
Completely agree with your point of mick changing his plan. If you watch his press conference he makes a lot of good points and problems with the team but at what point does he change his philosophy or the way the team plays? And you can’t say his way works because he has only been to one sweet 16
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote