View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 11:03 PM   #9
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
If this year's team was playing better/highly ranked I think Cumberland would likely be on more draft radars. Not because he would be any different, but hot team's players just elevate each other in the minds of those who evaluate.

If he's unsure about the NBA but thinks he can go pro he might be better off leaving early because his skill set is pretty strong now and being in a situation where they groom you more on a daily basis will only help his potential while he's young.

I get the impression Cumberland is a guy who likes playing in college and being around people his own age. He's not extremely extroverted and being in a college team system really helps people who want to fit in.

Looking at next year's team, it has the potential to be much better, but without him they don't have that reliable shooter ready to go.

I think everyone will improve as far as shooting. We'll see jumps with Scott, Brooks, Williams, Moore, and Johnson...so really we could have one of Cronin's more all-around shooting teams. But Cumberland would still be more reliable than all those guys and he might actually enjoy having that role, probably for the last time in his basketball career. They've improved this season and he might want to be on a special team to close out his career.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote