View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Bart Torvik says 5-4.
That is pretty much where I sit. The easy part is behind us. All but a couple have been within reach by the opponent with about 5-7 minutes remaining. If Cronin can get the guys to follow the scouting report and play better D overall I think we will do better. But we have heard "not following the scouting report" in a few games now and I don't recall hearing that much last year.

We have to be more mentally focused on D to finish better than 5-4. Fewer breakdowns and over helping etc. We have to keep better track of when a shooter has been left open in space. If we do get beat by a driver we should probably take our chances more with the bigs behind them rather than to leave space for a shooter. Let the driver take a contested 2 over an uncontested kick out 3 or a reach in foul.

I think we can hold the other teams to 4-6 less points this way and we are going to need those points in a few of these games. Contest all shots at the rim, just get a hand in the face of 2 point jumpers, and stay closer to the shooters.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote