Thread: NKU
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 10:46 AM   #47
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Every year is a bit of a stretch. We have been top 100 in defensive rebounding 3 times in 13 Cronin seasons, and top 200 in 7 seasons (more than half). This year we are exceptionally weak. I think some of it has to do with backcourt size. Broome and Jenifer don't really rebound at all, and usually our 3 is only 6'5". Our only guys who grab more than 12% of defensive rebounds are all 6'8" or taller.

the last 5 years we've been 229, 236, 215, 182, 150. we are 222 so far this year. maybe i should have said every recent year, but i think a 5 year trend is sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Sure we can. We've been doing it for years. We just need to make up for it in other areas. I think the key against Xavier will be 3pt shooting. X gives up a ton of threes at a high percentage.

not against this particular team. the way they've played offense has been hard for us to stop, and while they've shot an absolutely insane percent from 3 against us, they are usually getting open shots. we've given up 1.11 ppp the past 5 years combined against them and thats not normal for us. 102.1 ADJD average in those games (barttorvik number).

the only game we've won vs them the past 5 years we scored 129.8 PPP ourselves.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote