View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 05:42 PM   #10
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would say Banks is almost a 100% out since we have 3 recruits now and only 2 guys leaving Ado and Koval. And I would rather take my chances on a portal player being better than Banks.

That being said I am not sure I take the chance on no new bigs either. Tolentino likely will need a year or two. Ody fouls a lot. Lakhin fouls a lot and has past injury issues. Both have other issues on the court as well.

Give me one decent big on the block and a taller scoring wing. We can work with that. If Wes wants to press and trap another wing gives us a lot of opportunity. Hensley, Newman, Skillings, Reed, new guy. You can throw Mike out there to push pace and MAW to help the press trap. You can throw Ody out there to help press trap as well and a new big to score in the paint.
I was talking Banks back as a walk-on, non-scholarship we don't know for sure he's going to transfer just that he's (almost certainly) going to lose the scholarship. Brannen claimed he was good enough to start at lower level and heard good things about him during fall practice. Gives you a back-up plan in case of fouls/injury. Shift Hensley to the 5 (he's big enough to play it) and Banks/Reed back up Davenport at the 4. It wouldn't be ideal, but if we don't add another center I'd take it over Sage playing serious minutes next year.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote