View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 10:47 AM   #245
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I'm with whoever (sedzjobs maybe) said a while back that it's hard to really understand what Wes is trying to do.
cincrulz and I have been saying that since Wes was first mentioned as a candidate. His teams consistently shoot a lot of midrange and don't get to the free throw line, but everything else is all over the place from year to year.

Overall I think we upgraded the roster after the portal movements. I disagree that we got worse at penetrating. Saunders could get to the rim in transition and Mason showed some flashes of creativity, but none of the 5 departing players were giving us much of anything penetrating in the half court. Phinisee and Nolley might not be great either, but I expect them to be better than what we lost. And who knows if Skilings or Reed can give us anything this year.

Phinisee and Ezikpe can create their own shot. That's different than what Saunders and Ado/Koval gave us. I wouldn't jump straight to the negative side if they both start. It could mean that your mobility/pnr defense fears for Ezikpe are overblown, or that a healthy Phinisee is able to be a more efficient creator against lesser competition. We just need to wait and see.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote