Thread: Analytics
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 09:53 AM   #96
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
No promises that I made no mistakes, I'm more confident that I got the starters right as they were almost always in the same order (unless someone was out due to injury). I agree with Waterhead that EvanMiya's +/- does not match the reality, not sure what adjustment they are making. I calculated +/- excluding Ashland (D2) and conference +/- and yes the Davenport conference +/- number is correct (I did a double take when I saw it). Make of it whatever you will.

Name: +/-, +/- (conference)
Ado: 20, -3
DDJ: 48, -4
Newman: 108, 14
MAW: 95, 19
Davenport: 108, 83
Ody: 27, -47
Saunders: 33, -52
Lakhin: 0, -47
Mason: 42, 6
Koval: 55, -28
Hensley: -12, -38
JD also missed a game as well as Newman. And Newman was on a pretty good streak right before injury and then didn't do a lot for a 6-7 game stretch. He did finish out pretty strong after that.

If you wanted to get real fancy with plus minus it would make sense to average the totals for games played. And even fancier would be to adjust for minutes played. Obviously DDJ, MAW, Newman and JD played the most minutes on the year. Ado played around 10 less minutes per game than these guys.

That is what I was doing. But I didn't adjust for the 4 guys above that were all getting around the same amount of minutes. But if Ado got 60% of what the others were getting I made an adjustment for that. So I had them all averaged by games played and then weighted for minutes.

I can't find my info that I worked on either which sucks because it took a while to do
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote