View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 05:40 PM   #273
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
It definitely brings up the question of who isn't getting minutes, it sounds like Wes is going to have an open competition and may the best player win. Hopefully the locker room stays healthy when some guys who expect minutes end up as bench warmers.

Wes also talked a fair amount about improving shot selection. As I've he's got a lot of work to do (DDJ, Davenport, Ezikpe, Nolley) but if he can get it done that will go a long way.

Great to see Vik is having a great off-season. I think he is one of our most important players to improve.

I'm already on board with Davenport at 25+ minutes. He's our only proven reliable three point shooter. Hard to take the only three point shooter off the floor when you don't have any other guys who shoot it well from three.

Reed and Skillings could earn minutes if they can hit threes. Plus they bring a lot of length and athleticism. Remember Cumberland averaged almost 20 minutes as a freshman on a much better team. I think Reed will have an easier time of getting on the court early if he can knock down threes and he should have an easier time on the defensive end.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote