View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 12:07 PM   #281
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
We have a lot of depth, but little (if any) high end talent. There are minutes available anywhere for a top level guy.

If Vik, Hensley, Skillings or Reed can play at a high level, there's no one to keep them off the court.

DDJ, Newman, Davenport and Nolley are quality players at the AAC level but they all have major flaws in their game that would make them at best quality bench guys (and quite possibly not even that) if you move them to a high-level blue blood (say UCLA, because they are the high-level team I've watched the most).
Wes says we need to score more points and shoot better. I don't know where Hensley fits in that equation unless he makes a massive jump on offense. Ody has been around a while this is his 4th year. While Skillings and Reed certainly have some high ceilings...I have not heard much about their great D other than their superb length. They still have to move their feet well.

Nolley has been a significant contributor on a stacked roster playing out of position a lot. And I think there is hope we can see better efficiencies from other players with more scoring options on the floor (JD and DDJ etc).
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote