Thread: Former Bearcats
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #13
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
I don't think any of us ever saw even a remote chance that SK would ever be a 1st Team All-American. With him, it's about work ethic and willpower. I saw no chance that he would ever play in the NBA, yet here he is taking that fist step. The guy keeps proving everyone wrong. He's just one of those special players that will make it happen eventually. I'm not going to doubt him anymore.
I agree as well. It wasn't until he started dropping 20 a night last January or so that I began to think there was a chance he would get any serious consideration. I will say I really thought if the Bearcats would have made a nice run in March, obviously led by him, that it might have been enough to get him drafted. Not necessarily a final four run, but making it to the conference finals and out of the first weekend. Unfortunately when all eyes were watching the Bearcats stumbled. Nonetheless he does keep proving people wrong, playing as well as he did in the summer league and getting this contract, whatever the terms are.