Old 05-11-2018, 09:27 PM   #371
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
SK averaged 20.6 PPG
Last year Cumberland was 11.5

That''s not a small difference. Obviously different situations and roster makeups. But that's a big gap for Cumberland just to get even with by this year.

And as for the rest of the team next year, no player has ever averaged 8 ppg at UC. So to knock the supporting cast of SK's team and act like we have so much more now...yeah maybe on paper it looks like it could be that way. But no one has proven it. We *hope* Broome can score more this year. Do we know it'll be more than what Jackson scored? And then what? Fredericks who hasn't played a single game yet? Will he be as valuable as SR year Rubles? Do we know that? Wasn't Rubles like the #2 JUCO player? I like Scott more than most but I'm not sure he's really a 10 ppg guy.

The thing is, when you have a guy scoring 20 ppg, and you play a style that is made to limit possessions, you can't really expect many other guys to have eye popping numbers. So if we think Cumberland can make that leap, there just isn't much left after a couple other guys to score in double figures. You can't be 330th in pace and have a bunch of guys scoring unless you shoot a ridiculous percentage.

Plus, that SK SR year team lost to 12 seed Harvard in the 1st round. I won't be excited if this year's team resembles that one from that standpoint, or a style of play standpoint. But like I've said before, Cumberland conserving energy throughout the season is a perfect excuse for Mick to be the rockfight coach we all know he wants to be.
It's crazy how negative youve become. You told people all season, it's about the accomplishments of the season not just the tourney. Yet once we lost in the tourney it's been bash mick over everything, bash the team and underestimate our players. Dude we all still sit and think about what ifs and whys over last years finish. But when does it end? I guarantee you we have an 11ppg guy and a 7ppg guy on our team this year. Our supporting cast is MUCH better then SK sr year. Maybe not defensively, but offensively that are far more gifted. And when you're talking Cumberlands average last year vs SK senior year, of course it was a huge difference. But he's going from fourth to first option. I'd be really surprised if Jaron doesn't average nearly 20 this season, and I'd bet he's over 17 for sure.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote