View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 12:02 AM   #9
HExus

HExus is on a distinguished road
I know this is a lot late, but im bored and thought id put my 2 cents in....

UC has done everything in its power to get into a power 5 conference.

Fact is, the game is over until 2023-2025.

Both the SEC and ACC have long term TV grant of rights deals going into the 2030's, but the other 3 conferences have deals that end in 23 - 25.

I believe Pac-12 in 23, Big 10 in 23, and Big 12 in 25. I might be off here, but its something like that.

Now lets be real, the Big 10 isn't going to fold or get eaten. They will either sign a new deal early, or be one of the first teams to snap up some more power programs in the next set of realignment.

That leaves the other 2 conferences on the chopping block come 23-25.

What I think we see is the end of the Big 12. I think the writing is on the wall. Its been made pretty clear that Texas and Oklahoma want to suck up as much of the current tv deal money as they can before jumping ship to greener pastures, hence why expansion hasn't been a serious issue over there. There is no intention on the part of the power players in the big 12, of saving the conference. I say that partly from my throne of salt, for the whole "UC shut out" ordeal. yeah im salty, and bias, but I think what im saying is a solid prediction.

Its been made clear that ESPN and the powers that be want a 4 super conference format and they won't be stopped.

TV deals and the networks that supply them are shaping the future.

I think you will see the other 4 conferences pick apart the big 12, and probably the top schools from the group of 5.

This will be UC's chance in if they are gonna make it.

Even if its not the Big 12, its pretty clear that the next set of realignment is going to pop off between 23-25.

We just have to hope that we either hop over some power 5 bottom feeders, or get included through raids of the top group of 5 schools.

Thats pretty much bottom line. We just need to do the best we can for the next 5-7 years and hope we finally get the call.

Last edited by HExus; 07-24-2018 at 12:10 AM.
HExus is offline   Reply With Quote