Thread: Houston Part II
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #209
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Sure would be nice to have Johnson and Diara a little further along right now. Johnson for on ball defense. We need someone who can stay in front of better guards so Brooks doesn't have to foul as much. Johnson can also block shots and rebound much better than Jenifer or Broome. I think he could put in 6 points somehow if he played 20 minutes even if it's tip ins and a layup here or there. With Cumberland in we really don't need him hunting shots. Damn I wish he was ready for a bigger role. We have been getting killed by guys like Martin and Davis etc.

I am not quite sure what has been holding Diara back so much because he seems more than capable of blocking, rebounding, and scoring. With Brooks in foul trouble a lot it would be nice to keep throwing Diara in there for the tourneys because he can score a little. We will need some offense from the supporting cast because Cumberland can't do it all himself. It would be nice to keep Brooks on the floor but obviously that is a crap shoot. Diara at least has some offensive potential. Damn I wish he was ready for a bigger role as well. I would almost prefer him over Fredericks as well to spell Scott.
Not sure why it has taken this long for Mamadou to get more PT either. Maybe Mick sees that Eliel is maaaaybe a one dimensional player at best. Cronin also does not rely on freshman unless he has to. It usually takes his recruits 3 years to start producing. Dan Cronin has eluded that Mamadou has trouble staying in the game mentally.