View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #135
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
100% coach speak.

We know our coach. We know how he operates.

He wasn't comfortable enough to turn a lineup of Broome, Evans, Cumberland, Clark, and Washington loose. No way he lets a lineup of more unproven, worse players loose. This season will be like the Caupain SO and JR year teams. My least favorite teams of the Cronin era. But that's who we will be. Think about our conference road games. Think about the lineups we will have out there. Think about what our coach turns to in big games. Rockfight USA.

I do agree this year would be the year to do it. But last year was the year to do it too.

I think we'll build this team from the grossest of all gross rockfights to a team that will be a worse version of what we were this year in a few years. It'd be nice if Cronin could build this thing the opposite way. Can you imagine if we lost a game like 90-87 or something? And over the course of the next couple years we had to make defensive adjustments to fit the "system" instead of always begging for more offense? Never going to happen. We'll be lucky to crack 60 in the majority of our 9 AAC road games.

I might actually choose not to watch some games next year. As crazy as that sounds. But if we play a gross, low-level game, and it's the worst version of the same thing we always get, I'll simply choose to do something else with my time. Not worth watching a 57-55 2OT game at Temple.
Sounds more than crazy. I couldn't ever imagine not wanting to watch my team play. Even after Huggs left I watched and went to every game I could through Micks first years, and that was not fun. But my fanhood never wavered. Now we expect to just not be as good as last year and you won't be able to stand to watch them, I just don't even see how that's a point of view
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote