View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #5
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I definitely see your point, but not being proactive is part of the reason both the school and the conference are on the outside looking in right now. The old Big East had chances to bring in some good programs before it got picked apart, but they were reactive instead of proactive and lost their seat at the table.

I think we should try to fight our way into a P5 conference by all means possible and as soon as possible. I'll take the risk of losing out on some money for a few years over the risk of being left in the cold and being completely irrelevant as a football program.
We don't completely disagree but I do think it would be foolish to think UC isn't being proactive. The Big East as a conference was not but that is not UC's fault. I think they were absolutely trying to get in a power 5 the last time around. It didn't work out. Renovating Nippert is proof they are being proactive. I just don't think you want to leave money on the table unless you have to. Right now, UC has the luxury to wait and see how this unfolds. Doesn't mean they will always be in that position.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote