View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #177
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I had a thought on Cumberland. He has been a very willing passer and is the best on the team. I wonder when the system starts working for him? We don't have enough play makers who can get the ball back to him. He IS the play maker!! Vogt scores so well that you don't expect him to pass back out if it gets in his hands on the block. CJB's system works when all players can make plays or at least 4 of 5. MAW is not breaking down defenses. Keith either goes to the rack and makes a bucket, gets fouled, gets blocked or turns it over. Scott had a nice assist game against Tulane but he's not a play maker and therefore can't get Jarron easy looks or buckets.

At what point does Jarron say..."why am I the only one looking to (or can) facilitate?" I want some points too. Who's passing back to me? Who is breaking down a defense so I can camp on the 3 line? Nobody
Jarron has shown an ability to do it, he had ZERO points in the first half against Tulane which is absurd. He showed flashes of old Jarron for 5 minutes and then drifted back to passing and trying to facilitate. This system could be really good for Jarron, but I think a lot of it can be put on Jarron too. I don't understand why JB didn't use the post up with Jarron like he did against UConn where JC either made a layup or drew a foul, not once did Jarron post up against Tulane, I get matchups may not of allowed that but let JC get the defender off his feet and get a foul, JC is one of the best at drawing fouls.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote